Tikaani

Tikaani
The mascot of Prism*Song

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Dear Friends

Hey friends,

I know my identity as a transman is new and scary for some of you. And you are at lost at what to do. My response is simple. I am still Bard. I am still, funny, quirky, smart and still me. My gender has changed but myself as a whole has not. You don't need you to treat me "like a guy" I just wanted to be treated like me.

With respect
Bard.

This is a letter to all of the folks that decided to shove me into a box and treat me with nonchalant indifference when I am hurt from mistreatment. It's funny how being trans and autistic kinda intersect in that regard

Also Jesus!goat died for your sins

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're comfortable enough with who you are to reveal that. It changes nothing for me; you still have my support and friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accept you however you are, whatever you identify as. It's your right to be who you are, just as everyone else should have that right.

    I know I've tried, and it's just no use trying to be something I'm not. It can't be done, not really, and anyone who tries is just setting him/herself up for failure.

    ReplyDelete